Answered By: Chris Hudson Last Updated: Oct 11, 2021 Views: 19
Answered By: Chris Hudson
Last Updated: Oct 11, 2021 Views: 19
The following policies govern the use of Chalmers Library study rooms:
- Are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Library reserves the right to close any room to group study at any time.
- Are intended for group study only, not for individual use. Study rooms are for 2+ people unless reserved for testing. During campus quiet periods reservations for 1 will be accepted.
- Be courteous and sensitive to the fact that these rooms are in high demand.
- Individuals may reserve a maximum of four hours per day.
- Reservations may be made a maximum of one week in advance.
- Only current Kenyon College students, staff, and faculty will be able to reserve a space.
- An individual may not have more than one space reserved for the same time in the building.
- Make sure to click “Check In” on the scheduling panel at the start of each reserved meeting.
- Reservations for space not claimed-- checked-in on the panel-- within 15 minutes of the beginning time may be offered to another group for use during the reservation.
- Reservations are only valid for hours when the library is open.
- Packaged snacks, simple fruit (apples, bananas), and covered beverages are permitted. Deliveries of food are not permitted. Food, utensils, and dishes from Peirce are strictly prohibited.
- Whiteboards are provided. Markers and erasers for the whiteboards are available at the Circulation Desk on the first floor. Please erase whiteboards when finished.
- Furniture, including chairs, must remain in the study rooms. Please do not remove the chairs or other furniture.
- The Library is not responsible for items left unattended. There are library lockers on lower level 1 and lower level 2 available to store items if needed. (Note: we currently are waiting for parts for the lockers with no ETA at this time -AEB 9/15/2021)
- Please keep discussions quiet – The walls are not soundproof. Keep the sound turned down as much as possible on the HDTV screens and other devices.
- Please use the garbage and recycle bins provided near the study rooms. Do not leave garbage behind. Tidy the room for the next group.
- Flat screen TV/PCs are available in many group rooms. You can connect your laptop to the video screens for group viewing wirelessly, or use the built in Windows computer, which has an included webcam/mic. Remember to log out of the computer before exiting the room.)
- Library study rooms are prioritized for student academic purposes and therefore may not be reserved on behalf of student organizations. Please consult Kenyon's Event Management System for a wide array of rooms available on campus for this purpose.